In the first half of the year, the number of passengers in sea and air transport decreased

first_imgAll passengers in the second quarter of 2020 were transported by ferries and passenger ships, and 51,8% fewer passenger vehicles and 92,8% fewer buses were loaded and unloaded on ships compared to the same quarter of 2019. In the second quarter of 2020 there was no traffic passengers on cruise ships. In the first half of 2020, compared to the same period in 2019, the total number of ships arriving in seaports decreased by 36,7%, the total passenger traffic by 54,7% Circumstances caused by the spread of COVID-19 disease directly affected the decline in passenger and vehicle traffic in domestic and international traffic in Croatian seaports and airports. The most significant international passenger traffic was realized with German airports, 28 thousand passengers, which is a decrease of 91,1% compared to the same period last year. In June 2020, Croatian airports recorded 83045 passengers or 94,7% less than in the same month last year, when the traffic was 1.556.373 passengers. The total number of aircraft landings and take-offs at airports in June 2020 was 3, a decrease of 641% compared to June 78,4, when the number of landings and take-offs was 2019.center_img The largest passenger traffic was realized by Zagreb Airport with 43 thousand passengers (a decrease of 87,0% compared to June 2019, when 333 thousand passengers were transported), followed by Split Airport with 25 thousand passengers (a decrease of 95,1% in compared to June 2019, when 510 thousand passengers were transported) and Dubrovnik Airport with 10 thousand passengers (a decrease of 97,6% compared to June 2019, when 414 thousand passengers were transported). The most significant international passenger traffic was realized with German airports In the second quarter of 2020, 2 passengers were embarked and disembarked in Croatian seaports. Compared to the same period in 988, this is a decrease of 2019% and the lowest number of passengers in the last ten years in the observed quarter. In the first half of 2020, compared to 2019, the total number of landings and departures of aircraft at airports decreased by 67,4%, total passenger traffic by 82,5% and total cargo traffic by 31,6%.last_img read more

Read more on In the first half of the year, the number of passengers in sea and air transport decreased

Pall Mall pioneer: Haslemere bags unique deal

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Read more on Pall Mall pioneer: Haslemere bags unique deal

Police ban May Day rallies against omnibus bill on job creation

first_imgYusri said police officers would forcefully disperse protesters if they insisted on going ahead with the rallies.”Yes, we will disperse them. We have informed them [about the policy], I hope they understand,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.Read also: Desperate workers to hold mass rallies against job creation bill despite pandemicPreviously, two large labor groups, the Confederation of Indonesian Trade Unions (KSPI) and the Indonesian Labor Workers Assembly (MPBI) had announced their plan to hold massive protests in front of the House and the Office of the Coordinating Economic Minister on April 30, the day before May Day, which falls on May 1. KSPI head Said Iqbal said workers would comply with the physical-distancing policy during the rallies. They would also wear masks and bring hand sanitizers.”We will demand three things during the rallies: to reject the omnibus bill, to stop job layoffs and to give full compensation and Idul Fitri holiday bonuses [THR] for workers who are staying at home,” Said Iqbal said.He went on to say that the notification letters about the May Day rallies were sent to the Jakarta Police and the National Police headquarters on April 17, but the letters were rejected.Said Iqbal said the labor unions would cancel their plan to stage the mass rallies only if the House ceased the deliberation of the omnibus bill on job creation during the COVID-19 pandemic.Workers, activists and members of the public have criticized the House and government for trying to push through the controversial bill.The bill, which seeks to concurrently amend 79 laws including the 2003 Manpower Law, has been vehemently opposed by labor unions, which have condemned the bill for cutting labor rights and benefiting employers.The deliberation of the disputed omnibus bill on job creation has met further resistance as the country faces massive layoffs as a result of the economic slowdown caused by the coronavirus pandemic.Jakarta, the province hardest-hit by coronavirus, has recorded 3,097 people infected, making up nearly half of the country’s official tally of 6,760 confirmed COVID-19 cases as of Monday. At least 590 people in the country have died from the disease, of which 287 were reported in the capital. (nal) The Jakarta Police have announced they will ban all rallies commemorating May Day after workers in the capital city said they planned to hold protests on April 30, in spite of the coronavirus pandemic, against the omnibus bill on job creation being deliberated in the House of Representatives.Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. com. Yusri Yunus said such rallies would violate the large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) policy implemented by the Jakarta administration to clamp down on the transmission of COVID-19.”The PSBB has regulated physical distancing and the National Police chief’s edict has clearly banned mass gatherings. So, we will not issue any permit for the protest,” Yusri said on Monday.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Read more on Police ban May Day rallies against omnibus bill on job creation

Otto Addo appointed Hamburg coach

first_imgFormer Ghana midfielder Otto Addo has been appointed as the new head coach of the Hamburg SV youth team and he will help groom quality football talents for the senior side.Goal Ghana can exclusively reveal that the German-born former Ghana international has already started work and is preparing his team for friendlies against Greek giants Olympiakos and FC Pristinha from KosovoAddo, 38, retired from football in 2008 before acquiring his Uefa license coaching certificate and this is his first major club coaching assignment as he becomes the second former Ghanaian footballer currently coaching in Germany with the other one being Sebastian Barnes, who coaches the youth side of Bayer Leverkusen.He played for clubs such as Hanover, Dortmund, Mainz and Hamburg whilst he also featured for the Black Stars in their maiden World Cup appearance in Germany in 2006.He made 15 appearances for Ghana scoring twice in a national team career mostly blighted by knee injurieslast_img read more

Read more on Otto Addo appointed Hamburg coach