In the first four months, there was a 70% drop in arrivals and overnight stays

first_imgDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel restriction measures were introduced, which directly affected the decline in tourist arrivals in the first four months. Tourist accommodation facilities that realized overnight stays of foreign tourists in April 2020 mainly provided accommodation services to tourists who did not return to their country of residence due to measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 disease. In the structure of overnight stays in the first four months of 2020, out of the total number of overnight stays, domestic tourists realized 37,4%, and foreign tourists 62,6% of overnight stays. Most overnight stays of foreign tourists were realized by tourists from Slovenia (15,5%), Germany (11,0%), Austria (9,9%), Bosnia and Herzegovina (7,3%), Italy (7,2%) and USA (4,6%). Instead of the opening of the tourist season for Easter (April 12), there was a drop of 99,8% In the first four months of 2020, domestic tourists realized 249 thousand arrivals and 552 thousand overnight stays, which is 48,7% less arrivals and 48,1% fewer overnight stays of domestic tourists than in the same period last year.center_img In April, there was a decrease in tourist arrivals by 99,8% and a decrease in overnight stays by 98,9% in April 2020 compared to April 2019. In the first four months of 2020, compared to the same period of 2019, foreign tourists realized 356 thousand arrivals and 927 thousand overnight stays, which is a decrease in tourist arrivals by 76,9% and a decrease in tourist nights by 76,3% and is a consequence of declining arrivals and tourist nights in March and April. In the first four months of 2020, in commercial accommodation facilities, tourists realized 605 thousand arrivals and 1,5 million overnight stays, which is a decrease in arrivals by 70,2% and a decrease in tourist nights by 70,3% compared to the same period in 2019, they say data from the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS). Photo: Pixabay.comlast_img read more

Read more on In the first four months, there was a 70% drop in arrivals and overnight stays

Ryan says his charges are ready for Tribesmen

first_imgRyan is hoping for a different outcome this time round but knows it’ll take a mighty effort to win…Throw in in Croke Park on Sunday is at 3.30….Tipp FM will have full live coverage in association with Mulcahy Car Sales, Ardcroney, Nenagh. Tipperary manager Michael Ryan says his players are ‘relishing’ the prospect of playing in this weekend’s All-Ireland senior hurling semi-final.The Premier County take on Galway with a place in Croke Park on the first Sunday of next month up for grabs.The counties met at the same stage of the competition twelve months ago – the Tribesmen won through to the final on that occasion.last_img read more

Read more on Ryan says his charges are ready for Tribesmen

FIFA Order Cardiff City to pay Nantes Six Million Euros for Emiliano Sala Transfer

first_img Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time. Lausanne: Cardiff City must pay French club Nantes an initial six million euros ($6.5 million) in their dispute over the payment of the transfer fee for Emiliano Sala, FIFA said on Monday.The amount corresponds to the first instalment of the 17 million-euro fee Cardiff had agreed to pay Nantes before Sala died in a plane crash on January 21 while travelling to join his new club. Cardiff had previously resolved not to pay any of the money even though the transfer had been completed before the accident.In relation to the remainder of the initially agreed fee, FIFA told AFP: “For confidentiality reasons, we cannot comment at this stage on potential future instalments or other conditions of the transfer agreement.”The announcement from world football’s governing body followed a meeting by its Players’ Status Committee.In a statement, FIFA said it had “never lost sight of the specific and unique circumstances of this tragic situation during its deliberations on the dispute at stake.”Both clubs can appeal the decision to the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport.Nantes had previously appealed in February over Cardiff’s failure to pay the 17 million euros they said was owed.A Cardiff spokesperson said the club “acknowledges the decision” but added that they “will be seeking further clarification from FIFA on the exact meaning of their statement in order to make an informed decision on our next steps.”The plane Sala was travelling on came down in the English Channel during a night-time flight.His body was recovered, but that of the pilot, David Ibbotson, has never been found.A report by Britain’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch in August said that Sala and the pilot were likely exposed to “potentially fatal” levels of carbon monoxide on the plane.In the aftermath of the tragedy, Cardiff were relegated from the Premier League after just one season back in the top flight. Cardiff CityEmiliano SalaFIFANantes First Published: September 30, 2019, 9:11 PM ISTlast_img read more

Read more on FIFA Order Cardiff City to pay Nantes Six Million Euros for Emiliano Sala Transfer