All passengers in the second quarter of 2020 were transported by ferries and passenger ships, and 51,8% fewer passenger vehicles and 92,8% fewer buses were loaded and unloaded on ships compared to the same quarter of 2019. In the second quarter of 2020 there was no traffic passengers on cruise ships. In the first half of 2020, compared to the same period in 2019, the total number of ships arriving in seaports decreased by 36,7%, the total passenger traffic by 54,7% Circumstances caused by the spread of COVID-19 disease directly affected the decline in passenger and vehicle traffic in domestic and international traffic in Croatian seaports and airports. The most significant international passenger traffic was realized with German airports, 28 thousand passengers, which is a decrease of 91,1% compared to the same period last year. In June 2020, Croatian airports recorded 83045 passengers or 94,7% less than in the same month last year, when the traffic was 1.556.373 passengers. The total number of aircraft landings and take-offs at airports in June 2020 was 3, a decrease of 641% compared to June 78,4, when the number of landings and take-offs was 2019. The largest passenger traffic was realized by Zagreb Airport with 43 thousand passengers (a decrease of 87,0% compared to June 2019, when 333 thousand passengers were transported), followed by Split Airport with 25 thousand passengers (a decrease of 95,1% in compared to June 2019, when 510 thousand passengers were transported) and Dubrovnik Airport with 10 thousand passengers (a decrease of 97,6% compared to June 2019, when 414 thousand passengers were transported). The most significant international passenger traffic was realized with German airports In the second quarter of 2020, 2 passengers were embarked and disembarked in Croatian seaports. Compared to the same period in 988, this is a decrease of 2019% and the lowest number of passengers in the last ten years in the observed quarter. In the first half of 2020, compared to 2019, the total number of landings and departures of aircraft at airports decreased by 67,4%, total passenger traffic by 82,5% and total cargo traffic by 31,6%.
Woods was back to a level he described as a low point in late 2015 when he struggled to get out of bed and play with his children.“I had nerve pain with anything I did and was at the end of my rope,” Woods said Wednesday. “The process leading up to my decision to have surgery was exhaustive. I consulted with a specialist, and after weighing my options, that’s when I decided to go to Texas to have surgery.”– ‘I can have a life again’ –Woods said “fusion” was a scary word but cited other players who had disc fusions or replacements.“They have all come back and played, but more than anything, it made their lives better,” Woods said. “That’s the most important thing — that I can have a life again with my kids.”Returning to a swing motion is something Woods will not do until August at the earliest.“Presently, I’m not looking ahead,” Woods said. “I can’t twist for another two and a half to three months. Right now, my sole focus is rehab and doing what the doctors tell me. I am concentrating on short-term goals.“There’s a long way to go, but as I said, words cannot convey how good it feels to be pain-free.” Share on: WhatsApp Tiger WoodsMiami, United States | AFP | Former world number one Tiger Woods said Wednesday he is feeling better than he has for years and the 14-time major winner remains committed to playing pro golf again.In a blog posting through his Twitter feed, Woods spoke for the first time about his April 20 fusion surgery, his fourth back operation since 2010 and one that cut short his 2017 campaign.“It has been just over a month since I underwent fusion surgery on my back and it is hard to express how much better I feel,” Woods said. “It was instant nerve relief. I haven’t felt this good in years.”Woods, who last won a major title at the 2008 US Open with a broken leg, missed all four majors in 2016 and skipped last month’s Masters as well, saying he was not tournament ready.“I did everything I could to play at Augusta and was ready to go,” Woods said. “Unfortunately, it was kind of like the 2008 US Open. The pain was post-impact when I swung the club. I figured, ‘Can I handle it?’ This time the answer was, ‘probably not.’ That shows the effect nerve pain can have.“Obviously, it was a huge disappointment not to play. I hate to miss any major, especially the Masters, but the reality is I just couldn’t play.”The 41-year-old former world number one, whose epic shotmaking stretched the sport’s exposure for much of the past 20 years, has won 79 career PGA titles, three shy of Sam Snead’s all-time record, and remains second on the all-time major win list, four shy of the 18 won by Jack Nicklaus.“As for returning to competitive golf, the long-term prognosis is positive,” Woods said. “My surgeon and physiotherapist say the operation was successful.“It’s just a matter of not screwing up and letting it fuse. I’m walking and doing my exercises and taking my kids to and from school. All I can do is take it day by day. There’s no hurry.“But I want to say unequivocally I want to play professional golf again.”Woods ended a 15-month layoff for back surgery last December at his Hero World Challenge charity event in the Bahamas, but he missed the cut at Torrey Pines in a PGA event last January and withdrew from a European Tour event in Dubai in February, saying in April he needed the latest operation to ease back and leg pain.“I could no longer live with the pain I had,” Woods said. “We tried every possible non-surgical route and nothing worked. I had good days and bad days, but the pain was usually there, and I couldn’t do much. Even lying down hurt.”
Officials in Texas have arrested a grandmother and her boyfriend after authorities found a 6-year-old child tied up in the couple’s shed.The incident was reported Sunday in Dallas, Texas.Authorities say they arrived to the home around 11:30 pm after receiving a tip that a child in the household may be, being abused.The child’s grandmother 53- year-old Esmeralda Lira, told authorities the child was with his mother, however, a man who lived on the property told police that the boy was actually in the shed and directed them to the area.When investigators opened the shed, they found the child with his hands tied behind his back.During a police interview, Lira told authorities that the child was put in the shed as a punishment and that it was only a one time thing. Lira’s boyfriend 64-year-old Jose Balderas, told authorities that the child had been confined to the shed for at least two weeks for stealing food. The child then told police that the abuse had been going on since he “got out of school for this Corona thing.”Both Lira and Balderas have since been arrested and are facing charges of endangering a child. They are each being held on a $100,000 bond.
Image Courtesy: Sky Sports/F1Advertisement r5NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs398Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ef( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) qkWould you ever consider trying this?😱ac3Can your students do this? 🌚85qawRoller skating! Powered by Firework Even though world sports have been suspended due to the novel Coronavirus pandemic, Formula 1 has been able to continue their ongoing season with the introduction of Virtual Grand Prix Series, where racers are competing with each other on the F1 2019 PC video game. Charles Leclerc, the young driver from Monaco has been on his prime in the Esports racing series, securing his second Virtual GP victory in yesterday’s Chinese Grand Prix!Advertisement Image Courtesy: Sky Sports/F1On Sunday, Leclerc secured his second win in the Virtual GP series, after finishing first in the Vietnam GP on April 5th, which took place at the Albert Park circuit of Melbourne, Australia, due to the unavailability of the Hanoi Street Circuit in the game.The Ferrari racing team driver, who also cliched two victories in Belgium and Italy in the previous season, won the race from pole position, finishing 2.5 seconds ahead of Thai driver Alexander Albon of Red Bull Racing at the Shanghai International Circuit.Advertisement With all F1 track activity now halted due to the COVID-19 outbreak, drivers are competing with each other from their own home, including Leclerc who joined in with his racing simulator from his home.The race gathered over 60,000 audience on Leclerc’s Twitch live stream, and the elated 22 year old spoke to his fans after finishing victorious: “That was intense guys. That was really intense.”Advertisement Along with Leclerc and Albon, Formula 2 racer Guanyu Zhou from China, competing for the Renault team finished third.The event also saw prominent names like Antonio Giovinazzi of Alfa Romeo Racing, Carlos Sainz of McLaren and Nicholas Latifi and George Russell of Williams joined in for the race.Along with drivers, the Virtual GP has also seen iconic names from other sports, such as Real Madrid and Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois who made his debut on Sunday with Red Bull.England cricketer Ben Stokes also made his Virtual GP debut in the Vietnam GP event with his Ferrari teammate Leclerc.The F1 Virtual GP, which kicked off on Bahrain International Circuit back in March, will not actually count any official World Championship points for the drivers, and has been organised only for the entertainment of the fans.Also read-Novak Djokovic is against COVID-19 vaccination. Here’s why!Sunil Chhetri reveals how he was treated at Sporting Lisbon: “You are not good enough!” Advertisement