Bob Weir’s New Solo Album “Blue Mountain” Is Streaming In Full [Listen]

first_imgA long time in the works, fans of Bob Weir now have the opportunity to listen to his full new album, Blue Mountain. Due out on September 30th, a full stream has just been released by NPR Music’s First Listen series. You can stream it below:The new album showcases the first batch of original Bob Weir songs in over 30 years, and features a bounty of incredible musicians, including Josh Ritter, The National’s Bryce Dessner, Aaron Dessner and Scott Devendorf.  According to Rolling Stone, the full list of contributing musicians also includes: Ray Rizzo (drums, harmonium, harmonica, backup vocals), Joe Russo (drums), Jon Shaw (upright bass, piano), Rob Burger (keyboard, accordion, tuned percussion), Sam Cohen (electric guitar and pedal steel), Nate Martinez (guitars, harmonium, backup vocals), Jay Lane (drums, vocals), Robin Sylvester (upright bass, vocals, hammond organ) and Steve Kimock (lapsteel). The Bandana Splits – comprising Annie Nero, Lauren Balthrop and Dawn Landes – sing backup on the album.With the new release, Weir is also hitting the road for an intimate fall tour schedule. Check the full Blue Mountain tracklisting and Bob Weir tour schedule below.Check out the full tracklist and tour schedule below.Blue Mountain Tracklist1. Only A River2. Cottonwood Lullaby3. Gonesville4. Lay My Lily Down5. Gallop On The Run6. Whatever Happened To Rose7. What The Ghost Towns Know8. Darkest Hour9. Ki-Yi Bossie10. Storm Country11. Blue Mountain12. One More River To CrossBob Weir Tour DatesSan Rafael, CAMarin County Civic CenterOctober 7, 2016Oakland, CAFox Theatre OaklandOctober 8, 2016Los Angeles, CAThe WilternOctober 10, 2016Upper Darby, PAThe Tower TheatreOctober 12, 2016Brooklyn, NYThe Kings TheatreOctober 14-15, 2016Port Chester, NYThe Capitol TheatreOctober 16, 2016Nashville, TNRyman AuditoriumOctober 19, 2016last_img read more

Read more on Bob Weir’s New Solo Album “Blue Mountain” Is Streaming In Full [Listen]

Buffalo Adopts Policing Changes After Protester Is Hurt

first_imgImage via WBFO / Twitter.BUFFALO — Buffalo will replace its police Emergency Response Team with a new “Public Protection Unit” following the suspension and arrest of two ERT members seen on video shoving a 75-year-old protester who fell and cracked his head, Mayor Byron Brown said Wednesday.The city also will halt arrests for low-level, non-violent offenses like marijuana possession and make it easier for the public to view police body camera video under measures Brown introduced as “a critical first step” in making Buffalo more inclusive and equitable amid nationwide calls for police accountability.“We will shift policing in Buffalo away from enforcement and to a restorative model that promotes stronger community bonds, civic engagement and an end to young black men, black people, being caught in a cycle of crime and incarceration by consciously limiting their negative engagement with police,” Brown said at a news conference.The changes follow days of negotiations with community leaders and activists, said Brown, whose police force has faced increased scrutiny since a widely viewed video showed officers in riot gear shoving a white-haired protester near the conclusion of a demonstration over the death of George Floyd in Minnesota last week. “It’s amazing to see that we have everybody at the table,” said New Orleans Saints linebacker Demario Davis, who along with Buffalo Bills cornerback Josh Norman joined Brown at the news conference. The two are part of a group of NFL players working with the league on social justice issues.“There is a unique opportunity for unity. What is happening here is not happening around the country,” Davis said.The injured protester, Martin Gugino, remained hospitalized Wednesday.The officers in the video, now charged with felonies, were part of a crowd control unit that was effectively disbanded with the resignation of its nearly 60 other members in solidarity. The Public Protection Unit that replaces it will work with any group that wants to peacefully protest, Brown said.The former ERT members did not resign from the police department altogether. The incident has inflamed tensions between the city and police union, which Brown said has been “a barrier to reform” by, for example, pushing for costly overtime for police training.An email seeking comment was sent to the Police Benevolent Association.Under an executive order, police will issue appearance tickets for non-violent crimes that do not involve property damage, weapons or large drug sales, the mayor said.The department also will strengthen de-escalation and implicit bias training and convene a commission to examine police procedures. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read more on Buffalo Adopts Policing Changes After Protester Is Hurt

FDU looks to extend streak vs Bryant

first_img February 26, 2020 Associated Press ___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditWhatsappBryant (14-15, 6-10) vs. Fairleigh Dickinson (9-18, 7-9)Rothman Center, Teaneck, New Jersey; Thursday, 7 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Fairleigh Dickinson looks for its sixth straight win in the head-to-head series over Bryant. In its last five wins against the Bulldogs, Fairleigh Dickinson has won by an average of 9 points. Bryant’s last win in the series came on Jan. 28, 2017, a 73-72 victory.center_img FDU looks to extend streak vs Bryant SUPER SENIORS: Bryant has benefited heavily from its seniors. Adam Grant, Michael Green III, Ikenna Ndugba and Hall Elisias have collectively accounted for 54 percent of the team’s scoring this year and 71 percent of all Bulldogs points over the team’s last five games.SPARKING THE OFFENSE: Green has either made or assisted on 45 percent of all Bryant field goals over the last three games. Green has accounted for 18 field goals and 16 assists in those games.WINLESS WHEN: Fairleigh Dickinson is 0-10 this year when it scores 66 points or fewer and 9-8 when it scores at least 67.UNDEFEATED WHEN: Bryant is a perfect 10-0 when it holds an opponent to 63 points or fewer. The Bulldogs are 4-15 when opponents score more than 63.DID YOU KNOW: Bryant as a team has made 8.5 3-pointers per game this season, which is second-most among NEC teams.last_img read more

Read more on FDU looks to extend streak vs Bryant

Syracuse’s 3rd-quarter rally falls short against Clemson in blowout loss

first_imgRitchy Desir pointed toward the Clemson end zone. He knew his feet were in bounds.“I mean, you know, what the defense say, you know,” Desir said, “‘See ball, get ball.’ I seen the ball, I went and go get it.”Desir’s interception gave life to Syracuse and brought the best Carrier Dome crowd that Floyd Little can remember since the Dick MacPherson era to its feet. It gave the Orange the ball at the Clemson 46-yard line, down by 21 with 8:52 to play in the third.The possibility of a comeback bubbled.But then it fizzled.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSyracuse failed to capitalize in the third quarter and the stunning upset that seemed slightly feasible quickly faded toward impossible once more. The Orange (2-3, 0-1 Atlantic Coast) crumbled at the end of the third quarter after clicking at its start, falling 49-14 to No. 3 Clemson (5-0, 3-0) in front of 48,961 at the Carrier Dome in its first-ever ACC game.“We definitely knew that we could have came back and been right there,” Syracuse running back Prince-Tyson Gulley said. “The game should have been at least 35-28 and it should have been a fight to the very end.”But it wasn’t.After Desir’s potentially pivotal interception, SU stormed down the field. Two runs, two first downs. Fans erupted as Jerome Smith picked up 11 on a bounce to the outside.Then Syracuse collapsed. Gulley lost three on a disjointed play. Clemson’s Vic Beasley sacked Terrel Hunt for a loss of seven.Ryan Norton, the injured Ross Krautman’s backup, trotted onto the field. He shanked a kick wide left as Syracuse came up empty-handed. Three points evaporated.On the next drive, Marquis Spruill bulldozed up the middle and drilled Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd into the ground. Clemson went three-and-out, and Syracuse had life once more.After a sneaky direct snap on fourth-and-9 from deep in its own territory sent Syracuse into the red zone and resuscitated the Orange, a close game seemed attainable.But once again, the offense failed to knife into the 21-point hole. After a holding call pushed SU back 10 yards, Syracuse faced a fourth-and-4.Hunt undershot Christopher Clark on a throw that wouldn’t have even been enough for a first down, had it been caught.“We’ve got to know the situation,” Syracuse wide receivers coach Rob Moore said. “ … That’s a mistake we shouldn’t make.”When Hunt needed to throw the ball, he had no one to throw it to. Ashton Broyld was the only Syracuse receiver to catch a ball for positive yards in the first three quarters.In the first half, SU’s offense ran east to west — not north to south. Clemson’s offense was simply dominant.The Orange couldn’t muster any offense in the first 30 minutes except for a 66-yard touchdown run by Smith. In the third quarter, though, that all started to change. Syracuse held possession for 10 minutes and 45 seconds in the third quarter, but had nothing to show for it.And after Hunt’s incompletion to Clark, Boyd officially put the game out of reach.He lofted a booming pass directly into the mitts of the Road Runner-quick Sammy Watkins. Boyd unleashed the ball effortlessly and Watkins blazed by Ri’Shard Anderson, reeled it in and took it to the house for the second-longest touchdown from scrimmage in Clemson history.The touchdown showed why scouts from six NFL teams were in attendance. It effectively killed the Orange’s momentum.The Orange failed to unwrap the gifts from Clemson. What looked like the makings of a relatively close final score turned into anything but for SU.“We tried to pull everything out to try to make it respectable,” Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer said, “and came up short.”That was the theme of the afternoon. The Syracuse offense came up short in the first half when it totaled four first downs to Clemson’s 20. It came up short in a nightmarish end of the second quarter when Riley Dixon punted three times and Hunt threw an interception. And it came up shortest of all in the third quarter when it couldn’t capitalize on Clemson’s surprising miscues. And from there the offense didn’t matter. Drew Allen came in for the final nine-plus minutes of the fourth quarter to take out the garbage. When asked if he took any positives away from the loss, Gulley put his hands on his hips and sighed.“Umm… we’re all alive.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on October 5, 2013 at 10:54 pm Contact Trevor: [email protected] | @TrevorHasslast_img read more

Read more on Syracuse’s 3rd-quarter rally falls short against Clemson in blowout loss

NCAA DIGEST

first_imgPac-12 hires Steeg for title gameA longtime NFL executive is bringing his pro talent to the collegiate level next year — specifically, the soon-to-be Pac-12 conference.Pac-12 officials announced today Jim Steeg, who has managed all special events for the NFL, including pro bowls and drafts, and is credited with turning the Super Bowl into one of the world’s top sporting events, will serve as the director of the Pac-12 championship game.“With more than 30 years at the NFL, Jim Steeg is the pre-eminent expert in building and managing big football championship events,” said Pac-10 Commissioner Larry Scott in a statement released by the Pac-10. “Our focus is to create the most exciting and entertaining championship environment in college football and having Jim’s innovative approach and expertise will undoubtedly enhance those efforts.”The Pac-10 will officially become the Pac-12 on July 1, when Utah and Colorado join the conference. The Pac-12 will host its first title game at the home stadium of the team with the best overall conference record in a matchup tentatively scheduled for Dec. 3.“I am excited to have the opportunity to fulfill the vision that Larry Scott has developed for this game and for the conference,” Steeg said in the statement. “The unique concept of playing the championship game at a host school will provide a chance to work with all 12 conference members and put their stamp on the event.”In Steeg’s 35 years with the NFL, 26 have been leading the organization of special events — most notably, the Super Bowl, which Steeg grew from a single game to a week-long event complete with charity efforts and The NFL Experience. He also was the COO of the San Diego Chargers between 2004 and 2010.—Kate Mather—Thompson declares for the draftWashington State guard Klay Thompson will declare for the NBA draft but will not hire an agent, his father and former NBA star Mychal Thompson told ESPN.com on Monday.Last season, Thompson led the Pac-10 in scoring with 21.6 points per game in addition to 5.2 rebounds per game.“He wants to get a couple of workouts to see where he fits,” Mychal Thompson, the radio color commentator for the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers, told Diamond Leung of ESPN.com on Monday. “All the scouts love him. They love his complete game. I’m getting very favorable feedback.”It has been speculated that the 6-foot-6 swingman would return to school, provided he was not guaranteed to be selected in the first round of the draft.“It was a very difficult decision,” the elder Thompson said. “He’s very sentimental about college, and it’s not 100 percent he’s leaving.”Thompson’s departure could mean eight of the top 15 scorers in the Pac-10 last season are gone, including the top four.In the last month, Arizona’s Derrick Williams, USC’s Nikola Vucevic and Washington’s Isaiah Thomas  have announced their intentions to turn pro. The three were ranked No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 respectively in scoring this season.UCLA underclassmen, forward Tyler Honeycutt and guard Malcolm Lee, also declared for the draft despite the threat of an NBA lockout.—Joey Kaufman—Report released regarding death of Notre Dame studentAfter spending nearly six months investigating the death of a student videographer, the University of Notre Dame released a report yesterday stating it believes outdated weather information was to blame.Declan Sullivan, 20, died Oct. 27 when the 40-foot hydraulic lift he was standing on collapsed while he was filming football practice. Wind gusts at the time of the accident reached 53 mph.Members of the coaching staff who make decisions regarding whether or not it’s safe for the team to practice outside likely used weather readings reported several hours before practice started, the investigation found. Specifically, at 1:54 p.m., the National Weather Service was reporting winds of 23 mph with gusts up to 29 mph.The readings were useless when practice started at 3:45 p.m. At 2:54 p.m., winds were measured at 29 mph, with gusts at 38 mph. The staff was apparently unaware of this information. At the time of the accident, 4:54 p.m., when the weather service reported gusts of up to 51 mph.“The report highlights that as the primary weakness in our procedures,” said John Affleck Graves, Notre Dame’s executive vice president, in reference to the outdated information. “The lack of wind-measuring equipment on the field during the practice and the absence of any single individual with responsibility for monitoring the wind.”The Rev. John Jenkins, Notre Dame’s president, said he is to blame for the tragic accident, and said nobody has been punished.“We did not find any individual who disregarded safety or was indifferent to safety,” Jenkins said. “Our conclusion is that it’s a collective responsibility that must be deal[t] with collectively as we move forward.”About a month ago, the Indiana Occupational Health and Safety Administration hit the university with a $77,500 fine for six safety violations related to Sullivan’s death.—Eleni Presslast_img read more

Read more on NCAA DIGEST

Dawson Creek RCMP seek public’s assistance in locating wanted man

first_img28-year-old Robert Sinclair is wanted for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, drive while prohibited, use of a forged document, failure to appear and two counts of breach of recognizance. Indigenous male 5′ 10″ / 181 lbsBrown hairBrown eyes Sinclair is described as: – Advertisement – If located, you are being asked not to confront him and contact the RCMP or the police of jurisdiction in your area. center_img DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – Dawson Creek RCMP are requesting for the public’s assistance in locating a wanted man. If you have any information regarding Sinclair, or where he might be, you are being asked to call the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250-784-3700 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.last_img read more

Read more on Dawson Creek RCMP seek public’s assistance in locating wanted man