Feel vindicated: Hasin Jahan after Kolkata Police chargesheets Mohammed Shami

first_imgFeel vindicated: Hasin Jahan after Kolkata Police chargesheets Mohammed ShamiHasin Jahan said she felt vindicated after Mohammed Shami was chargesheeted by Kolkata Police on Thursday. In 2018, Hasin had accused Shami of domestic abuse and several extra-marital affairs.advertisement India Today Web Desk KolkataMarch 14, 2019UPDATED: March 15, 2019 08:52 IST Hasin Jahan said her accusations against Mohammed Shami have now been proven. (Mohammed Shami Photo)HIGHLIGHTSMohammed Shami was charged under sections of dowry and sexual harassment on ThursdayHasin Jahan said that she had been through a long journey for this little bit of successJahan said Shami had even stopped the allowance for their daughterHasin Jahan said she felt vindicated after her husband and India pacer Mohammed Shami was charged under Section 498A (dowry harassment) and 354A (sexual harassment) by Kolkata Police on Thursday. The chargesheet was submitted before the Alipore court in Kolkata.Last year, Hasin had accused Shami of domestic abuse and extra-marital affairs. After several dramatic developments for days, Shami did play in the IPL but he was far from his best. However, after his recent outstanding performances in Australia, Shami is almost certain to make the World Cup squad.On Thursday, Kolkata Police filed a chargesheet over Hasin’s complaint that she was subjected to domestic abuse and torture by Shami and his family.”I have had to complete a long journey for this because the torture, the injustice that happened with me and my daughter was immense. So many people supported him in his wrong deeds, BCCI should have taken an action but they didn’t.”I had thought that I am a Bengali and I will definitely get justice and today that day has come. My faith has been fulfilled today even though there are only two sections levied against him in the chargesheet, there had to be more on the basis of the evidences that I had submitted. On the basis of that, the chargesheet should have been stronger,” Hasin Jahan told Sports Tak.”Somewhere, I did feel the chargesheet won’t be filed because of their sources, money and power, they might get successful in pulling me down but I had faith in God and my honesty. My allegations that Shami and his brother behaved extremely badly with me is now in front of you.advertisement”Since a few months, Shami had stopped Bebo’s maintenance also. He can do whatever he wants but since I have come into this fight, I will fight till the end and I will see who wins.”BCCI never supported me even when I had proven that Shami did wrong with me. Now that the chargesheet has been filed, at least now they should take some action against him. He is performing well for the country which is good but at the end of the day, he is a criminal and he spoilt my life and the life of my daughter.”I am struggling so much to make the ends meet,” Hasin Jahan said.Mohammed Shami played in the fifth and final ODI against Australia at the Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi. Before that, he featured in the Tests and ODIs in Australia and in the ODI series in New Zealand and stood out with some fine performances.Mohammed Shami is in India’s World Cup mix and will most likely be selected as part of India’s pace battery alongside Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar.Also Read | Mohammed Shami vs Hasin Jahan: A timeline of bitter spats, alleged threats and high dramaFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Tags :Follow Mohammed ShamiFollow Hasin JahanFollow BCCIlast_img read more

Read more on Feel vindicated: Hasin Jahan after Kolkata Police chargesheets Mohammed Shami

Governor legislative Democrats scale back ambitious proposal to cut energy use in

by Judy Lin, The Associated Press Posted Sep 9, 2015 9:34 pm MDT Last Updated Sep 9, 2015 at 10:40 pm MDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email Governor, legislative Democrats scale back ambitious proposal to cut energy use in California Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown, flanked by Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins, D-San Diego, left, and Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, announced that they are scaling back a proposal to address climate change, during a news conference, Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015, in Sacramento, Calif. Citing opposition from the oil industry, de Leon said he was dropping a mandate in his bill, SB350, that the state cut petroleum use by 50 percent.(AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli) SACRAMENTO, Calif. – With little time and opposition from oil interests, Gov. Jerry Brown and legislative Democrats were forced on Wednesday to retreat from their ambitious proposal to address climate change by dropping a key mandate to cut California’s petroleum use by 50 per cent.Amid the political setback, they vowed to intensify their fight to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through other means and pledged to continue to champion the environmental cause for the good of future generations. Brown, a Democrat who has made climate change the centerpiece of his final term, said state regulators will announce toughened reporting rules on low-carbon fuel standards as early as next week.“I’d say oil has won the skirmish, but they’ve lost the bigger battle,” Brown said. “Because I’m more determined than ever to make our regulatory regime work for the people of California — cleaning up the air, reducing the petroleum and creating the green jobs that are going to put hundreds of thousands of people to work.”Brown and Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon, a Los Angeles Democrat, had pushed a far-reaching proposal to cut petroleum use by half, boost renewable-electricity use to 50 per cent and double energy efficiency in existing buildings. They dropped the mandate to cut oil use from their proposal, SB350, amid fierce opposition from business groups and oil companies that sought to strip a powerful state regulatory board from setting vehicle emissions and fuel standards.Many Democrats — including moderates and those representing less wealthy districts — were concerned that the petroleum mandate would hurt California’s economy and working-class residents. They wanted greater oversight of the air board that has been in charge of implementing California’s ambitious greenhouse gas emissions law signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican.“Today’s announcement was an acknowledgement that California’s energy future, economic competitiveness, and environment are inextricably linked,” said Catherine Reheis-Boyd, president of the Western States Petroleum Association. “Californians are best served by inclusive energy policy and by a legislative body that retains authority on issues so critically important to jobs, communities and our way of life.”Brown and legislative leaders now plan to move forward with the remaining two components to increase renewable energy and improve energy efficiency in buildings.Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins, D-San Diego, whose members resisted the petroleum piece, said she felt confident the bill would pass. Lawmakers have just two full days remaining for bills to emerge from the current legislative session.Sen. Fran Pavley, D-Agoura Hills, who is carrying companion legislation to extend California’s current emission-reduction targets to 2050, said she’s still evaluating the effect of SB350 on her own proposal.De Leon said that despite their best efforts, supporters could not overcome “the silly season scare tactics” of the oil industry. “We couldn’t cut through the multibillion-dollar smoke screen created by big oil with a bottomless war chest,” he said.Brown said the primary sticking points for moderate Democrats in the state Assembly concerned the California Air Resources Board, an unelected body with broad power to set vehicle emissions and fuel standards to decide how the state will reduce oil use.The governor said opponents agreed to pass the legislation if he agreed to dramatically scale back its power, but he refused.A fiery Brown said that he and the two Democratic leaders did not cave in to calls to scale back state authority to set emission rules.“The only thing different is my zeal has been intensified to a maximum degree and nothing, nothing is going to stop this state from pushing forward” on aggressive climate change standards, he said.Sen. Bob Huff, R-San Dimas, who until recently was the Senate minority leader, welcomed Wednesday’s announcement, saying the oil reduction carried too much unknown economic costs.“I think that was the most problematic component of SB350 because it hit everybody in ways we don’t even know, how technologically we were going to accomplish the goal,” Huff said in an interview.Brown has campaigned on climate change this year, discussing it with the pope at the Vatican in July. He is expected to attend the United Nations climate change conference in Paris in November.He said the intense debate surrounding the legislation may have actually helped the cause of climate change legislation in the long term.The governor and legislative leaders also announced Wednesday that they would need more time to reach a deal to increase transportation funding.___Associated Press writer Don Thompson contributed to this report. read more

Read more on Governor legislative Democrats scale back ambitious proposal to cut energy use in